Several weeks ago, I posted about our decision to purchase a pair of glasses from Zenni optical. We received our glasses, and my son has been wearing them for about a week. I thought you would like to hear back about our experience. There are definitely pros and cons to ordering glasses from Zenni, just like any other purchase.
- The glasses were very inexpensive and any added fees were made clear up front.
- The glasses were acceptable in quality of frame and lenses.
- The prescription was accurate
- Ordering was easy.
- We didn't have to go anywhere to pick out frames, or pick up the finished glasses.
- My son was able to find exactly the style he wanted (we hadn't been able to find it locally)
- The glass case that came with the glasses was cheap. If you didn't already have a case lying around, you would probably want to purchase one.
- It took nearly two full weeks for the glasses to arrive.
- It was difficult to choose a size and style over the internet. However, we were choosing for a first time glass wearer and he wanted an unusual style that was difficult to size.
- You need to be comfortable making adjustments to your glasses.
Overall, I would highly recommend Zenni. They absolutely delivered on the promise of quality eye glasses at a reasonable price. I just can't see paying hundreds of dollars for a pair of glasses you could get for under $13 at Zenni. This is definitely a company I would do business with again.
A side note for those concerned about lense quality: A friend of mine recently ordered glasses for her son from her eye doctor's office. When the glasses arrived, they had the wrong prescription lenses in them. (A mistake had been made in the prescription when it was transferred from the doc's office to the lab.) Our glasses from Zenni were perfect. My point is not to pick on the doctor's office. I'm just trying to point out that mistakes can happen anywhere, and just because you pay less for Zenni glasses does not mean you will receive a product inferior to what you would receive elsewhere.